Currently, the need for mental health during this pandemic varies by the individual, situation, and support system, such as family and friend, and of course yourself. Therefore free sessions are based on acuity of need. See below our priority by order of severity and availability.
In order to serve an influx of patients please review where you or the person you are signing up fits on our order of service. (Please note, if you find yourself low on the list of needed therapy, please fill out your information and reason for requesting the free session, and the next available spot will be assigned to you, but further note, if that spot is needed for one of the top three acuties, your session time may be moved. If this needs to occur, someone will contact you, check your current level of need and prioritize accordingly.
ACUTE LEVEL SUICIDAL IDEATION: Due to volume of need, we do not provide triage for active suicidal patients, if you or someone you know is actively suicidal, please dial 911 or click link for more information for contacting the national suicide hotline and website: (if the suicidal ideation has reached life-threatening levels click here now)
THOSE ELIGIBLE FOR FREE SESSIONS: (In order of priority)
1. First responder's who are unable receive direct mental health services and work in an acute setting that limits their availability to schedule or receive sub-acute crisis level triage/assessment and mental health support.
2. Immediate family members of active COVID-19 patients in ICU's, or lower level hospitalizations where family member is struggling with symptoms of panic attacks, high levels of anxiety, uncontrolled worry thoughts, fear, isolation, and in need of support.
3. Moderate suicidal thoughts and feelings but are currently not planning to follow through or need emergency level help, if in doubt, again seek emergency services, by calling 911 or click link above. Otherwise, family of members of active COVID-19 patients or have had a immediate family member die from the virus take priority over lower levels of need for free therapy. Then loss of extended family members, close friends, friends, neighbors, or someone you or a loved one had a direct relationship to that died of virus.
4. Major depression related directly to the COVID-19 pandemic, either due to isolation, job loss, loneliness, fatalistic about the future.
5. All other COVID-19 related mental health issues.
6. During low volume times sometimes people need to just be able to talk to someone, please do not hesitate contacting us at this difficult time.
THOSE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FREE SESSIONS:
Anyone who does not have mental health issues related directly to COVID-19. However we do see patients in normal business hours for most diagnostic mental health issues at cost.
Currently our therapists are licensed for the State of Utah, however that does not preclude services similar to mental health therapy, but cannot be construed as informal therapy, and no standardized mental health therapeutic modalities of treatment will be used. Again, however this is not to say you cannot receive help, in fact in many cases allows for a more open discussions and options during the online appointment. Many sessions are can be more exciting, freeing, and existential in nature For more information click here.